• Northern Botswana
• Central Okavango Delta
• On Mombo Island on the northern tip of Chief's Island
• Moremi Game Reserves, northern area
PRICING / CHILD POLICY
Green Season: December to March
Shoulder Season: April to June and November
High Season: July to October
☼ Children over the age of 8 years are welcome
Number of tents:
• Nine Super luxury tents with 2 x ¾ twin beds in each tent
Custom-made linen enables twin beds to be converted in a king sized bed on request
• One twin guide tent (which is shared with Little Mombo camp) - same standard as guest tent but much smaller in size
This camp can accommodate 18 guests with tour leader.
• Bathrooms all en-suite, showers inside tent and also outdoors
• Separate flush toilet
• Luxury tents on raised decks overlooking the surrounding plains
• Entrance to tent has a door not zip
• Veranda in front of tent
• Soaps, shampoos and insect repellents are supplied in each tent
• Sala at each tent
• Deep within Moremi Game Reserve, beneath huge trees on the edge of a scenic floodplain
• Dining room, lounge and bar area on raised deck under thatch
• Separate reading room/library
• Walkways connect the tents to the main living areas
• Plunge pool
• Trading store
• Slide projector available
• Kgotla (boma) for dining under the stars
• Private lounge for smaller groups, private dinners or honeymooner's dinners
• Private dinners on decks or in private lounge
• Picnics on drive offered allowing for all day excursions
• Joined by a raised deck to Little Mombo camp
Renowned as one of the best game areas in Africa. A predator haven with frequent excellent sightings of Lion, Leopard and Cheetah. Wild Dogs can be seen and inter-predator interaction is a feature. Plains game is prolific - Zebra, Wildebeest, Buffalo, Giraffe and all the delta antelope are present in numbers. Year round birding is superb.
Type - 100% Game drives. No water activities although guests will see water in the area at times.
• Game drives via 4 x 10 seater open 4 x 4 Land Rovers each accommodating a maximum of six or seven guests, allowing all guests an outside seat.
• Game drives on Chiefs Island
• Best game viewing in Botswana
• Night drives not possible at the moment but will change when the new Moremi Wildlife Reserve rules come into effect
• Private vehicle on request (maximum five vehicles in the concession with three primarily being used at Mombo main camp, one at
• Little Mombo and one available for private vehicle booking).
• Short game walks can be offered during siesta time on request. Please note that no rifles are allowed in the park.
SUGGESTED DAILY ACTIVITY SCHEDULE
Below is only a suggestion as to what may happen in camp - as daily wildlife sightings tend to throw the schedule right out of schedule.
05h00/06h00 - Wake up call. Light continental breakfast consisting of cereals, tea/coffee/juices and pastries to be served in the dining area.
05h30/06h30 - Depart on morning activity, returning to camp at approximately 10h00.
10h00/11h00 - Brunch will be served, this will consist of a selection of breakfast and lunch dishes.
From now until afternoon tea, guests will be at leisure. Option to walk or visit the Hide.
16h00/15h00 - Afternoon tea will be served - this will consist of a selection of sweet and savoury snacks.
16h30/15h30 - Depart on afternoon game viewing activity - drinks and snacks will be served for sundowner during the course of the activity.
Sunset - Return to camp (depending on park rules).
20h00/19h30 - Pre-dinner drinks and snacks will be served at the pub.
20h30/20h00 - Three course dinner - generally speaking the starter and desert is served, whilst the main course is sometimes buffet style.
21h30/21h00 - Coffee and liqueurs will be served at the camp fire. Cigars at extra cost.
ELECTRICITY & WATER
• Camp has 220v generator powered electricity run in kitchen and main areas when guests are not in camp. Silent generator runs 8 hours per day.
• 220v Battery power (charged by the generator) is used for lighting and fans in each guest tent 24hrs/day.
• Video battery can be charged. Hence bring spare battery and charging unit.
• Generator heated/powered geyser.
All drinks are included in the nightly tariff, with the exception of premium wines & champagne, and premium liqueurs & spirits.
Laundry is done on a daily basis and inclusive in the nightly tariff. "Smalls" are washed in a smaller, individual bag.
Curios, imported drinks and tips/gratuities can be billed to the tent number and settled on check out. Payment can be effected by cash (US$), travellers' cheques or the following credit cards: Visa or MasterCard.
to/from Maun 30 minutes
to/from Kasane 1 hr 20 minutes
Kasane to Victoria Falls 20 minutes but allow additional time for customs and immigration.
Mombo airstrip located 15 minutes' drive from camp.
Licensed for heavier aircraft up to 5700kg MAUW (maximum all up weight), can take King Airs provided that they have flotation gear. Airstrip co-ordinates: S19 12.68, E022 47.51
COMBINE A SAFARI